As I teased yesterday, I wanted to create some fun nail art using Peek a Blue as my base color. Last Summer, I remember seeing waterfall nail art everywhere. I haven’t done a waterfall nail in a while, so I decided Peek a Blue would be the perfect base color for my nail art.
The polishes I used for this manicure were:
- Sinful Colors Be Happy & Icing Peek a Blue — my base color.
- ACO by Ardene Blue Tide.
- Nicole by OPI What’s the Mitch-uation.
- The Color Workshop unnamed shimmery blue.
- ACO by Ardene Midnight Stars.
- QUO by Orly unknown mini blue polish.
- Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat.
- Icing’s It’s a Matte World matte top coat.
I feel like it turned out pretty well, even though it’s far from perfect. Next time I would definitely paint my waterfall lines slightly longer. Also I don’t know what I was thinking adding Midnight Stars–I totally forgot it’s a clear base with glitter so it looks a little misplace on the nail. But besides those little problems, I do love them. And the adding Matte top coat just pulled everything so perfectly together. I love the smooth finish it gives the whole look. =)
So what do you think of this attempt at Waterfall nails? I know the trend was super popular last year, and it’s not featured as much on nail blogs as it once was, but I’m still a big fan.