Hey it’s me again! After a busy couple of weeks (between work and moving!) I’m back in the blogging world, and not planning on any extend absences (I hope. 🙏🏻)
I’ve been rocking the blue polishes a lot lately, and loving anything negative space so I came up with some freehand colour block tips/negative space chevron moons (or whatever you would like to call them) using a few blues and a purple Garage polish I hadn’t yet had a chance to wear. This design sort of started as a whim, but I dig the final result–feels kind of Superheroesque to me.
- China Glaze Rain Dance the Night Away
- Garage Clothing unnamed purple polish.
- Jordana Cosmetics Pop Art Nail Design in Blue Abstract.
- Essie Gel Setter
- Start by applying your base coat of choice. (I’m currently using a combination of Nailtek 2 and Barielle Nail Rebuilding Protein.)
- Once your base coat had dried, use the brush from your lighter colour (China Glaze Rain Dance the Night Away) and paint a straight line from corner to corner. Fill in the tip. If you don’t feel you can paint this freehand, straight nail vinyls can make things easier! After giving it a couple minutes (or longer if you’re using nail vinyls), repeat this step using the darker colour (I used a beautiful Garage clothing unnamed purple polish). Apply however many coats you need to cover up the polish underneath.
- Using your striper (Jordana Cosmetics Pop Art Nail Design in Blue Abstract), apply your lines to the edges. This not only looks cool, but can help hide and mistakes you may have made.
- Wait a couple minutes (so you don’t smear your design), then seal your design in with top coat.
What do you think of this mani? What’s your favourite colours to pair together? Let me know in the comments below! 💜 also feel free to suggest any content you’d love to see me post about. I’m dedicating my days off to blogging so I’m open to any suggestions.