Good morning lovelies & happy Sunday. Couldn’t be more excited for the chance to relax & have a day off… & share something special with you! I recently received some gorgeous PR samples from Born Pretty Store for review, & that includes a couple new nail art powders. I’ve been seriously obsessed with nail powders & flakies lately, so I couldn’t wait to jump in & try them all.
The first one I picked, for today’s post, is a dark purple liner holo powder (item #41436).
For application, I took the following steps.
- Apply base coat.
- Apply base colour (I picked Essie Under the Twilight) & top coat.
- Apply Finger Paints Peel Off Base Coat — let dry for about 5 minutes. If it’s not dry enough, you won’t be able to rub on the powder.
- To minimize clean up, you can apply liquid latex around your cuticles. I forgot this time, which is why you can see a bit of holo scattered.
- Using the name eyeshadow applicator that comes with the powder, pick up a small amount of powder & rub onto your nail.
- Brush off excess powder from nail & around cuticle (or peel off latex if you used it)
- Top with top coat & stare at your nails in wonder.
Look at that holo! Seriously obsessed with the dark holo over the dark base. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with my NailStuff.ca holo, but it’s nice to have a darker, vampy option (especially with Halloween quickly approaching).
Application was super simple & easy using my regular nail polish method. I don’t often use gel on my nails, but I feel like if I can easily apply it using regular polish, gel would be no problem. I’ll definitely have to try using it on my toes soon.
if you’re looking to try this powder for yourself, you can pick it up from the Born Pretty Store here.
Also remember, if you use COFFK31, you can save 10% off any regular priced items!
So what do you think of this dark purple holo powder? Do you have a favourite nail powder that you can’t live without. Share down in the comments below!