Good morning lovelies! I’m back again, & I have another Christmas-y design to share… after all it’s only 3 more days until Christmas. (When did that happen?) Today’s look is a surprisingly easy look that I’ve done & redone over the years & always come back to.
I actually did this nails last weekend, but anyone else who works in retail this time of year probably understands the craziness which is my life right now… barely any time to breathe, let alone write a blog post… just counting down the days to my two days off over Christmas. It’s going to be GLORIOUS!
For this look, the polishes I used were:
- Base Coat: Essie Grow Stronger
- Top Coat: Essie Gel Couture Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Sprinkled With Love
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Make It N-ice
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Black Heart
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Let’s Snow
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Good Cheer-y
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Fiery Island
- Small dotting tool
- Small nail art brush (obsessed with my collection from www.nailstuff.ca
First I started off by laying Make It N-ice over Sprinkled with Love for a little extra sparkle…. because tis the season. & then I freehanded my little penguin over top on both my ring fingers to make my look more festive. I first saw this look on Pshiiit Nails (via Pinterest) & just loved how it looked so I needed to recreate. & obviously I had to add a little a festive Christmas-ness with some Santa hats!
My only complaint is that my top coat smeared my penguins a little. I’ve been testing out the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat & while the lasting power is amazing, it’s not my favourite top coat for putting over nail art because it does seem to smear designs. Guess I’m still on the hunt for the perfect one!
what do you think of this penguin design? Have you figured out what you’re wearing for Christmas? Let me know down below!